Express Employment Professionals is helping one of their clients in Waconia in their search for a Mechanical Drafter. The company is looking for someone that can design the product per customer and company specifications. They will work with drafters, engineers and manufacturing to provide support for projects.
Mechanical Drafter Responsibilities:
- Provide drafting and design (CAD) work using SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Understand function and design of Sackett-Waconia product lines.
- Participate in the design of new and current fertilizer equipment in cooperation with a design team.
- Responsible for producing equipment models, detailed drawings for manufacturing and field assembly drawings.
- Identify redlines on drawings created by others and accurately make required changes.
- Use and apply Sackett-Waconia drafting standards and best practices.
- Participate in peer review process by reviewing models and drawings created by others.
- Occasional travel to construction job sites.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Successfully work in a fast-paced environment, independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to learn quickly and a willingness to take on additional workload as needed.
- Accurate and detail oriented, producing work in a timely manner without errors.
- Willing to work the hours needed and committed to meeting deadlines.
- Strong math and geometry skills.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical design drafting practices.
- Strong organization and documentation skills.
- Two-year drafting and design technical certificate, degree or equivalent.
- 3 years designer experience.
- A strong work ethic.
- Possesses qualities such as productivity, dependability, resourcefulness, efficiency, and professionalism.
- Experience in AutoCAD and SolidWorks or transferrable software.
- Fluent user of AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Knowledge of PDM and ERP software.
- Experience in any of the following areas: agriculture, material handling, material blending or the fertilizer industry
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision.
The Mechanical Drafter is a Direct hire position paying $20-28/hr. DOE and the work hours are M-F from 8am-4:30pm. If interested please contact email@example.com.
Location/Region: Chanhassen, MN